Earlier than Holi arrives, all you may hear is individuals speaking in regards to the competition of colors. Many look ahead to Holi in order that they’ll play with colors. However as soon as the competition ends, some complain of dry pores and skin or itchy pores and skin or irritation within the eyes. Some even find yourself with pores and skin allergy symptoms after taking part in with Holi colors. Not everybody faces these pores and skin issues, nevertheless it’s at all times higher to take precautions. Does that imply you shouldn’t play Holi in any respect? After all not! Simply substitute artificial Holi colors with pure ones. Seems, pure colors are good on your pores and skin.
HealthShots related with Mumbai-based Ayurveda knowledgeable Dr Lakshmi Varma Okay and Dr Shyam Pandit, dermatologist, Allied Medical doctors Home, Maharashtra, to know why we should always play Holi with pure colors.
In keeping with Dr Pandit, pure colors are protected and are extensively utilized by individuals with a purpose to keep away from any allergy symptoms and infections throughout Holi. Pure colors could be made out of:
The explanation why pure colors are good for pores and skin
As in comparison with artificial colors, pure colors are good for pores and skin. Listed below are a number of the the reason why it’s best to go pure throughout Holi 2023!
1. Pure colors aren’t dangerous to pores and skin
Artificial and chemical-rich Holi colors can’t solely make your pores and skin dry, but additionally invite acute nail fold irritation, abrasion, discolouration and eczema. Pure colors, then again, aren’t dangerous and protected to make use of. Some elements like turmeric might even be helpful on your pores and skin, says Dr Varma.
2. No eye issues with pure colors
Chemical-laden Holi colors trigger eye irritation, redness, swelling, and itchiness, says Dr Pandit. Pure colors aren’t harmful on your eyes. It doesn’t trigger chemical harm to the eyes, so defend your eyes from Holi colors by going pure.
3. Pure colors are simple to scrub
Pure colors can simply come off and they don’t go deep into your pores and skin, not like chemically-laden colors for which you want numerous oil and cleaning merchandise.
4. Pure colors are environment-friendly
Artificial colors are recognized to have a detrimental impression on the surroundings and animals. In keeping with Dr Pandit, the chemical compounds in them are a menace to the surroundings and trigger decay of vegetation. Holi colors are additionally harmful relating to pets.
5. Pure colors are simple to make
You too can make pure colors at house. You simply want pure elements like marigold, beetroot, neem, spinach, turmeric and orange peel powder. All it’s important to do is get elements of comparable color and grind them collectively.
Additionally learn: Right here’s how I plan to make natural Holi colors at house
Tricks to defend your pores and skin throughout Holi
Even when you make your personal colors at house, there might be some who will convey artificial colors. Simply comply with pre and post-Holi skincare suggestions in order that your pores and skin doesn’t should face a lot issues later.
Right here’s how one can put together your pores and skin for Holi colors!
• Apply an oil or moisturiser to your hair and face earlier than taking part in Holi in order that the colors don’t penetrate into your pores and skin and simply come off. Smearing coconut oil on arms, ft and face earlier than Holi can provide a protecting layer to your pores and skin, says Dr Varma.
• Attempt to put on full-sleeved garments in order that the colors don’t sit in your physique for an extended time.
• Use eyewear to cowl your eyes whereas taking part in Holi so as to stop eye allergy symptoms.
• If any irritation is felt to your pores and skin or eyes after taking part in Holi, instantly wash off the colors and go to a physician.