The competition of Holi is at all times full of pleasure and pleasure. Probably the most particular factor about this competition, nevertheless, is the variety of delicacies ready at residence. Chances are you’ll wish to gorge on every little thing candy, particularly gujiya, however you will need to resist your cravings as a result of the sugar degree and frying process used to organize sweets can hurt your total well being. What if we let you know there was a wholesome option to make gujiya? Enter the baked gujiya technique! We have now an skilled to clarify why a baked gujiya could also be higher than fried gujiya if well being is on high of your thoughts.
HealthShots reached out to Karishma Chawla, a Mumbai-based nutritionist and life-style educator, to grasp why baked gujiya is a more healthy option to put together gujiya at residence.
Baked gujiya vs fried gujiya
Baked gujiya is a approach of baking gujiyas quite than frying them. Although frying brings the true flavour of gujiya, go for baked gujiyas this Holi for well being causes. Deep-fried gujiya are excessive in energy and will trigger weight achieve.
Chawla additionally says, “The baked model of getting ready gujiya is undoubtedly more healthy and higher as a result of there isn’t a frying and so no carcinogen or ageing motion in addition to no fats achieve.”
Additionally learn: This Holi, quench your thirst with this wholesome paan thandai recipe
As a substitute of frying the gujiyas, bake them to provide a wholesome twist. You too can select a wholesome filling fabricated from dry fruits or suji. This technique will help with digestion, forestall weight achieve and preserve your blood sugar in examine. With regards to style, baked gujiyas at all times style higher than fried ones. So you’ll be able to take pleasure in your favorite dessert with none guilt.
Learn how to make baked gujiya?
Right here you’ll discover a option to put together crispy and wholesome baked gujiya:
1 cup complete wheat flour
1 tbsp ghee + for greasing
1 cup grated khoya
1 tbsp sugar free powder
¼ tsp inexperienced cardamom powder
¼ cup contemporary scraped coconut
4-6 almonds, blanched and slivered
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
10-12 finely chopped cashew
1 tbsp raisins
3-4 dates, deseeded and chopped
1 tbsp muskmelon seeds
Water to make the dough
Put together the dough first:
Take the wheat flour in a giant bowl, add two tablespoons of ghee, and knead the dough utilizing lukewarm water. Ghee will make your gujiya crisp. Now set the dough apart for 25-Half-hour.
Put together the filling for gujiya:
1. Take a non-stick pan, add khoya, and blend till it melts.
2. As soon as the khoya has melted and turned golden, add the dates and warmth till they’ve softened barely.
3. Now, add coconut and cardamom powder and blend it nicely for a minute.
4. Take away the pan from the warmth and switch it to a plate. As soon as it has cooled barely, add sugar combine powder, almonds, walnuts, raisins, cashews, and muskmelon seeds.
Additionally learn: Listed here are 7 fancy Holi recipes to not let diabetes trigger ‘rang mein bhang’!
Put together the gujiyas now:
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C and now type a tiny ball of dough right into a puri-size chapati. This would be the gujiya’s cowl.
2. Place the chapati into the gujiya mould. Fill the center with a tablespoon of the filling.
3. Dip your finger in water, apply it to the roundels’ edges, fold it right into a moon form, press the perimeters to seal, and twist to make a gujiya sample. Take away any extra wrapping.
1. After making all of the gujiyas, place all of them on a baking tray lined over the parched paper and brush some ghee on high.
2. Bake the tray in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Take away from the oven and permit it to chill barely.
3. Retailer in an hermetic container and luxuriate in them with cool drinks or sizzling tea!
A number of suggestions to bear in mind whereas getting ready gujiya to make it wholesome:
1. Ensure you’re utilizing a non-fried technique to organize gujiya, such because the baking technique.
2. Select pure sweeteners as an alternative of processed sugar, which could affect your blood sugar ranges and trigger different well being issues.
3. Add wholesome nuts and seeds to your gujiya to make it more healthy.
4. Although gujiya is made with maida, utilizing a deep-fried technique, you can also make it more healthy by omitting the maida and substituting a gluten-free grain like Jowar.
5. Gujiya will be saved in hermetic jars for just a few weeks, relying on the filling you select. Gujiya, for instance, will preserve contemporary for round 3-4 days as a result of it accommodates mawa. However, if you happen to make the filling with rava/semolina, it should have an extended shelf life.
So get pleasure from gujiyas with none guilt and keep wholesome!