In a quest to make our hair look flawless, we are likely to experiment with them so much. Teasing your hair to get huge quantity is one pattern that by no means goes out of favor. How typically do you backcomb your hair? This hair pattern dates again to the Eighties when it was a preferred go-to coiffure for each movie star. It’s one coiffure that provides you immediate quantity and makes you look beautiful. Nonetheless, backcombing entails loads of teasing, which isn’t such a good suggestion on your hair.
Healthshots reached out to advisor dermatologist and dermato-surgeon Dr Rinky Kapoor at The Esthetic Clinics to grasp how backcombing damages your hair.
How does backcombing injury your hair?
If backcombing is your go-to repair for each time you’re brief on time to type your hair, cease now!
“Backcombing can injury your hair follicles and even trigger hair loss. In the sort of hair styling, the hair cuticle will get scaped, and the cuticle from the shaft. The extra cuticles are lifted the extra quantity your hair will get, which might be dangerous to your hair” explains Dr Kapoor.
She additionally shared different methods backcombing can injury your hair. Aside from damaging the hair follicles, backcombing can even:
- Backcombing could cause matted knots and hair breakage
- The hair by no means returns to the unique flat association, and finally, the hair cuticles develop into free, and cut up ends start to type.
- The fundamental integrity of hair will get broken, which doesn’t restore until new hair grows out.
- It might probably trigger traction alopecia.
Dr Kapoor elaborates, “traction alopecia due to backcombing is a type of hair loss due to extreme pulling on the hair follicles. A forceful styling approach comparable to backcombing causes power traction, resulting in weakened hair follicles. Understand that the hair cycle change as we age, and subsequently it takes extra time to reverse or deal with the injury.”
Tricks to decrease injury brought on by backcombing
Listed here are some easy tricks to decrease hair injury brought on by backcombing the hair:
- Use the right approach, and don’t attempt to pull your hair. Right here’s the fitting strategy to do it to attenuate injury:
- Begin with clear and combed hair
- Divide the hair into small sections.
- Take a small part of hair and backcomb down gently utilizing a skinny comb. Make it possible for your comb goes to the underside earlier than you’re taking it out. Then begin from the highest once more.
- Don’t use an up-and-down movement, and be very light together with your hair.
Whenever you wish to carry your hair again to regular, Dr Kapoor means that it’s best to use a comfortable brush to comb again the hair. Do it in small sections. It’s also possible to attempt a deep conditioning masks to appease the hair.
Alternates to backcombing
There are some safer alternate options to backcombing you could attempt comparable to:
- Use crimpers to type your hair
- Use voluminizing and root lifting merchandise and stylers, however not too typically
- Use a thickening serum that provides fuller-looking hair. Make certain it doesn’t comprise any dangerous elements
- Take a very good protein and nutrient-rich food regimen to spice up hair well being
Warning: Be sure you discuss to your physician earlier than making an attempt new issues.